|Stop Immediately and Calm Down
- Stop immediately and turn on the hazard lights to warn off rear-end collision
- A warning triangle should be erected on the road 30 to 100 meters behind the vehicle (the distance between the warning triangle and the vehicle is depends on the road condition).
- Please calm down and do not panic. Even if it is a minor collision, the renter should get off the vehicle and apologize, and check the casualties and vehicle damage.
- If necessary, both parties should exchange the contact information, type of vehicle, license plate number, and driver’s full name. Please do not leave the scene until the police arrives; Otherwise, you might be suspected to hit and run.
|Keep the Scene
- Never move the vehicle to the side of the road or leave the scene and please wait for the police arrives.
- If your car is safe to drive and is causing a hazard, use paint, chalk or lipstick to mark the four wheels of the vehicle and other objects that have been involved in the accident and pull your car to theside of the road. Otherwise, leave it where it is and get yourself to safety.
- Please document the accident thoroughly by taking pictures.
|Casualties and Emergency
- In case of casualties, please call 110 immediately.
- Do not use the vehicle that has been involved in the accident to transfer the injured.
- Write down the patient’s name and the hospital in order to go to visit and negotiate settlements.
|Call Police and Notify PONY
- In the event of a car accident, call 110 immediately and notify PONY.
- When the police arrive, please confirm all the details that the police has documented.
- Please pay attention to whether the third party is unlicensed or drink and drive. If you are in doubt, you should ask the police to conduct the field sobriety test.
|Report and Insurance Follow-up
||After filing a police report, please return the photocopy of report and the photocopy of your driver’s license to PONY in order to file the insurance claim.